That’s right, I’ve been here for 100 posts and just under two years already (there were a few extended periods where the blog went dark).
Here’s a look back at some of my favorite posts from the first 100 posts.
- The first post on this blog was devoted to my hatred of Manny Ramirez.
- I wanted everyone to stop glorifying Yankee Stadium.
- I still get about five hits a week from people googling weird pitches – including Mr. Snappy.
- I have taken a lot of heat for my (mostly) constructive criticism of Joe Nathan.
- One of my favorite games of all time is the one where a squirrel stopped play for a full fifteen minutes or so while the Cleveland grounds crew chased him.
- Once I broke down how the Neshek injury might actually help his dominance. Well, hopefully we’ll get the chance to see if I was right very soon.
- I controversially forgave steroid use before doing so was cool.
- I gave a one-word answer to an important question.
- I really hate sacrifice flies.
- I noted the racism inherent to Bud Selig’s pandering.
- After four months of constant injury, I got tired of Joe Crede.
- And, finally, in terms of pure stupidity, you really can’t beat the “Joe Mauer’s Beard” post that garnered nearly 1500 hits in three days.
I also thought I’d throw out some facts:
13,938 – total hits at this site, including before the relaunch to WordPress in May of ’09.
1,387.4 – average no. words per post.
7.56 – Number of years of schooling it would take to understand the blog.
Innumerable – the number of hours I’ve spent here
Priceless – the people that read the site.
So, seriously, thanks again for reading. This season I should be here far more often than in the past, just looking at my obligations, and I hope I’ll continue to see you all here!